News
News2K confirms XCOM squad-based shooter reveal is coming soon
2K Games has finally broken its silence and acknowledged a reveal for the next XCOM game is coming soon. 2K Marin has confirmed via its blog that "in the coming days' we'll get a fresh look at the squad-based tactical shooter currently in development. The studio confirmed that this is the same game that was announced back in 2010, but that it has undergone "an evolution" since it was last showed at E3 2011.
"Firaxis’ critically acclaimed turn-based strategy title, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, has reignited the classic franchise and we feel that the time is right to deliver a new experience within the world of XCOM," the post read.
"The creative development of this game has been a collaborative process of discovery and iteration. 2K’s culture allows our studios the freedom to refine their visions, to explore new ideas, and to deliver the best possible experiences for players. Through this exploration, 2K Marin has refined their vision, and as a result the game has evolved into a high-stakes narrative experience imbued with core XCOM concepts."
As 2K Marin mentioned, the XCOM shooter was first revealed at E3 2010, but it was delayed after a mixed response from fans and critics. In recent weeks it's been speculated that the game had been rebranded as The Bureau. The studio said it will only be a few more days until the game is revealed, but a teaser released yesterday suggests XCOM/The Bureau will be unveiled on April 26.
[2K Blog]
You call the shots in the new trailer for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Getting strategic in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified with 'Battle Focus'
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's 'narrative-drive' DLC coming first to Xbox 360
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified's origins told through new gameplay trailer
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified revealed with live-action trailer, coming in August
Teaser suggests a reveal for 2K's XCOM shooter, possibly The Bureau, could come this week
Sign in with Facebook
John Doe